TRENDING
Adeleke campaign spokesman vows to defeat Osun Rep in 2027 • Aliyu links Sokoto development projects to FG revenue • WHO says DRC Ebola outbreak remains far from control • KASU: Kaduna Govt urges ASUU to embrace dialogue • Wasira awataka wana-CCM kuhakiki taarifa za mitandaoni • Reporter’s Diary: Reporting COP17 from Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia • Land grabbing: Villagers urge Abia Govt to enforce court order, avert violence • Lagos goes traditional as 3m residents celebrate Ìṣẹ̀ṣe Day • Anambra @35: Govt to produce 20 documentaries on erosion • Done Deal: Nigerian Defender Joins Ugandan Club Vipers SC • Imo spends N2.19bn on security as N1.47trn budget records 14.4% performance in first half of 2026 • Soludo’s wife announces free computer training for youths in Anambra • LAWMA, police strengthen fight against illegal waste dumping • Fuel Subsidy reform averted deeper economic crisis – FG • Fubara urges parties to respect Rivers peace process, says state now at rest • LASU VC Olatunji-Bello bows out after five years • 2027: NDC unveils Ogah as Abia guber candidate, vows to replicate ‘Osun template’ • Nigeria targets 3m bpd, $50bn investment, 215tcf gas • FG adds 780MVA to Lagos power capacity with eight transformers • FG begins construction of 250 housing units for civil servants • Adeleke campaign spokesman vows to defeat Osun Rep in 2027 • Aliyu links Sokoto development projects to FG revenue • WHO says DRC Ebola outbreak remains far from control • KASU: Kaduna Govt urges ASUU to embrace dialogue • Wasira awataka wana-CCM kuhakiki taarifa za mitandaoni • Reporter’s Diary: Reporting COP17 from Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia • Land grabbing: Villagers urge Abia Govt to enforce court order, avert violence • Lagos goes traditional as 3m residents celebrate Ìṣẹ̀ṣe Day • Anambra @35: Govt to produce 20 documentaries on erosion • Done Deal: Nigerian Defender Joins Ugandan Club Vipers SC • Imo spends N2.19bn on security as N1.47trn budget records 14.4% performance in first half of 2026 • Soludo’s wife announces free computer training for youths in Anambra • LAWMA, police strengthen fight against illegal waste dumping • Fuel Subsidy reform averted deeper economic crisis – FG • Fubara urges parties to respect Rivers peace process, says state now at rest • LASU VC Olatunji-Bello bows out after five years • 2027: NDC unveils Ogah as Abia guber candidate, vows to replicate ‘Osun template’ • Nigeria targets 3m bpd, $50bn investment, 215tcf gas • FG adds 780MVA to Lagos power capacity with eight transformers • FG begins construction of 250 housing units for civil servants
2027: Nigerians’ll speak with one voice for Makinde — APM
Back to Home

2027: Nigerians’ll speak with one voice for Makinde — APM

Vanguard Nigeria about 2 hours 3 mins read
2027: Nigerians’ll speak with one voice for Makinde — APM

By Luminous Jannamike

ABUJA – The Allied People’s Movement (APM) has declared its readiness to challenge President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the presidency in 2027, unveiling plans for an inclusive, people-driven campaign to propel its candidate, Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde, to victory.

As campaigns officially begin, the party said it had already built nationwide networks, forged alliances with opposition parties and assembled a campaign structure it described as strong and efficient enough to prosecute the contest and protect its votes.

APM National Publicity Secretary, Yusuf Abubakar, said this in Abuja on Wednesday, expressing confidence in Makinde’s popularity and governance record as the platform’s strongest weapon against the ruling APC.

“As a party, I can assure you that we are ready for the task ahead. We have a very popular Presidential candidate in Governor Seyi Makinde and we have worked out strategies to ensure that not only that we win the ballot but also that our winning votes are firmly protected,” Abubakar said.

He said the party had also assembled what it described as credible personnel to drive its campaign, with the full structure expected to be unveiled soon.

“We are working hard and will leave no stone unturned in our efforts in mobilizing Nigerians for this election. We have assembled very credible hands to manage our campaign. We will unveil our campaign machinery to the public soon,” he said.

Abubakar said the APM had spent recent months consulting across the country and building alliances with other opposition parties, with the aim of presenting a stronger challenge to the APC in the presidential election.

He argued that growing dissatisfaction with the Tinubu administration had created an opening for Makinde, whom the party portrays as a credible alternative with a blueprint to address the country’s challenges.

“Nigerians are eager to oust the APC from power due to President Tinubu’s abysmal failure in office. Most Nigerians have expressed their readiness to vote in Seyi Makinde as the credible alternative to President Tinubu,” Abubakar said.

The APM spokesman also cited the recent governorship election in Osun State as evidence of what he described as the power of voters to determine electoral outcomes.

“Of course, last Saturday’s governorship election in Osun State has shown the power of the people in an election. Come January, 2027 Nigerians will speak with one voice for Seyi Makinde,” he said.

Abubakar said the party would operate within the law to ensure that votes cast for its candidate were protected, making electoral integrity a key part of its strategy ahead of the presidential poll.

He called on the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and security agencies to ensure that the 2027 elections were free, fair and credible, stressing that the outcome must ultimately reflect the will of Nigerians expressed at the ballot.

The post 2027: Nigerians’ll speak with one voice for Makinde — APM appeared first on Vanguard News.

This article was sourced from an external publication.

Share this article
OneClick Africa Logo

Africa's premier digital hub for impactful news, entertainment, and business insights.

© 2026 OneClick Africa. All rights reserved.