TRENDING
Samuel Amankwah donates mechanised behole to Commonwealth Hall • Kwara senator picks PDP ticket hours after quitting APC • Matthew Opoku Prempeh touches lives again with generous donation to Kumasi care institutions • Africa must build trust to close AI gap, Microsoft says • Standard Chartered becomes first G-SIB to issue digitally native notes on Euroclear’s D-FMI • Tinubu orders arrest of Nwabueze, suspension of three Permanent Secretaries over another fake agency • Police rescue 13 kidnapped passengers in Otukpo forest, kill one suspect • Moffi Set To Undergo Hamburg Medical • Innoson Seeks FG’s Intervention on EV Component Duties, As MAN Advocates Clean Energy • Ex-NEPA, PHCN pensioners protest over 25-year unpaid N350bn entitlements • Osu Oblantai Manye backs CrossRem initiative to strengthen educational support for needy children • Islamic University lecturer hails Sammy Gyamfi’s leadership and communication skills • Police investigate death of 39-year-old man in Bauchi vigilante custody • My village people were attacked today, talk to your people – Osun APC candidate tells Adeleke • Youth account for majority of new HIV infections in Bolgatanga municipality • Manchester City set to sell Savinho and Omar Marmoush to Spurs for combined £160m • NSIB raises fresh safety concerns over Enugu Air Benin runway overrun • Morayo Brown’s husband reveals premarital abstinence request from mother-in-law • 2027: Ex-LP aspirant emerges YPP presidential candidate • Breaking: Tinubu Orders Arrest, Suspension Of Three Perm Secs, As ICPC Uncovers Another Fake Govt Agency • Samuel Amankwah donates mechanised behole to Commonwealth Hall • Kwara senator picks PDP ticket hours after quitting APC • Matthew Opoku Prempeh touches lives again with generous donation to Kumasi care institutions • Africa must build trust to close AI gap, Microsoft says • Standard Chartered becomes first G-SIB to issue digitally native notes on Euroclear’s D-FMI • Tinubu orders arrest of Nwabueze, suspension of three Permanent Secretaries over another fake agency • Police rescue 13 kidnapped passengers in Otukpo forest, kill one suspect • Moffi Set To Undergo Hamburg Medical • Innoson Seeks FG’s Intervention on EV Component Duties, As MAN Advocates Clean Energy • Ex-NEPA, PHCN pensioners protest over 25-year unpaid N350bn entitlements • Osu Oblantai Manye backs CrossRem initiative to strengthen educational support for needy children • Islamic University lecturer hails Sammy Gyamfi’s leadership and communication skills • Police investigate death of 39-year-old man in Bauchi vigilante custody • My village people were attacked today, talk to your people – Osun APC candidate tells Adeleke • Youth account for majority of new HIV infections in Bolgatanga municipality • Manchester City set to sell Savinho and Omar Marmoush to Spurs for combined £160m • NSIB raises fresh safety concerns over Enugu Air Benin runway overrun • Morayo Brown’s husband reveals premarital abstinence request from mother-in-law • 2027: Ex-LP aspirant emerges YPP presidential candidate • Breaking: Tinubu Orders Arrest, Suspension Of Three Perm Secs, As ICPC Uncovers Another Fake Govt Agency
BREAKING: Alleged drug trafficking: US court grants FBI request to review Tinubu files in private
Back to Home

BREAKING: Alleged drug trafficking: US court grants FBI request to review Tinubu files in private

Daily Post about 2 hours 2 mins read

A United States Federal Court has taken a new step in the long-running Freedom of Information Act, FOIA, case seeking the release of alleged drug-trafficking records linked to Nigeria’s President Bola Tinubu.

In an update posted on X, a Washington-based lobbying firm, Von Batten-Montague-York, L.C. said it had been informed that Judge Beryl Howell of the US District Court for the District of Columbia on Friday granted the FBI permission to submit the documents to the court privately, for in-camera review.

According to the post, the judge has given the FBI, the Drug Enforcement Administration, DEA, the Department of Justice, DOJ, and President Tinubu until August 28, 2026, and no later, to file their opposition to the release of the records.

The firm described the ‘and no later’ language as a sign that the court has reached its limit.

The firm added that the FBI would now have to convince the court why the documents should not be released, including through its private submission of the sensitive material for judicial review.

According to the firm, the FBI had acknowledged possessing highly sensitive information related to allegations of drug trafficking involving Tinubu.

It argued that the FBI’s request for the court to review the documents privately indicated that the material contained information the agency considered particularly sensitive.

The firm also alleged that the records could involve information concerning criminal informants and claimed that the development contradicted previous characterisations of the matter as being solely related to civil forfeiture.

“We have now been informed that US Court’s Judge Howell this morning granted the FBI permission to provide the court with the documents in private.

“This has not yet been published on the court docket as of this evening, and the claim is based solely on the law firm’s X post,” the post read.

DAILY POST had earlier reported that the FBI asked a US court to allow it to keep some records concerning an old investigation linked to Tinubu from public disclosure.

BREAKING: Alleged drug trafficking: US court grants FBI request to review Tinubu files in private

This article was sourced from an external publication.

Share this article
OneClick Africa Logo

Africa's premier digital hub for impactful news, entertainment, and business insights.

© 2026 OneClick Africa. All rights reserved.