TRENDING
Woman born without fingerprints recounts JAMB, NYSC biometric struggles • 2027: Omo-Agege lacks campaign ideas — Delta commissioner • C/R: Wildlife Guard shot dead by suspected poacher at Kakum Forest Reserve • 'We don't reject partnerships, but those partnerships must be on our terms' — Mahama tells African leaders • Police arrest suspect in GH¢1.1m fake gold deal in Berekum • Mahama receives five reports ahead of Ghana’s 2027 AU chairmanship • Mahama urges Africa to assert greater influence in global affairs • European football: Bayern Munich’s Harry Kane named player of the year in Germany • Transfer: Arsenal set asking price for Gabriel Martinelli • The global climate has changed and Nigeria now has winter, By Testimony Jesutoye • Simu ikiibwa, chukua hatua hizi kulinda taarifa zako • Osun Govt warns against post-election violence • 2027: PRP chieftain urges issue-based campaigns • FCTA trains health workers in basic life support, plans Code Blue teams in hospitals • Kaduna clears pension arrears • Atiku’s subsidy u-turn: The bankruptcy of desperate ambition, By Sunday Dare • Fiebich does it all, stifles Clark as Liberty top Fever • 🏈 See our ultimate fantasy football draft board • EXCLUSIVE: How Nigeria’s new ‘fake’ agency built nationwide network, sought state funds, land, more • Troops foil kidnap operation, recover cash in Katsina • Woman born without fingerprints recounts JAMB, NYSC biometric struggles • 2027: Omo-Agege lacks campaign ideas — Delta commissioner • C/R: Wildlife Guard shot dead by suspected poacher at Kakum Forest Reserve • 'We don't reject partnerships, but those partnerships must be on our terms' — Mahama tells African leaders • Police arrest suspect in GH¢1.1m fake gold deal in Berekum • Mahama receives five reports ahead of Ghana’s 2027 AU chairmanship • Mahama urges Africa to assert greater influence in global affairs • European football: Bayern Munich’s Harry Kane named player of the year in Germany • Transfer: Arsenal set asking price for Gabriel Martinelli • The global climate has changed and Nigeria now has winter, By Testimony Jesutoye • Simu ikiibwa, chukua hatua hizi kulinda taarifa zako • Osun Govt warns against post-election violence • 2027: PRP chieftain urges issue-based campaigns • FCTA trains health workers in basic life support, plans Code Blue teams in hospitals • Kaduna clears pension arrears • Atiku’s subsidy u-turn: The bankruptcy of desperate ambition, By Sunday Dare • Fiebich does it all, stifles Clark as Liberty top Fever • 🏈 See our ultimate fantasy football draft board • EXCLUSIVE: How Nigeria’s new ‘fake’ agency built nationwide network, sought state funds, land, more • Troops foil kidnap operation, recover cash in Katsina
Contract signed, Joshua vs Fury fight still on, Eddie Hearn insists
Back to Home

Contract signed, Joshua vs Fury fight still on, Eddie Hearn insists

Vanguard Nigeria about 2 hours 3 mins read
Contract signed, Joshua vs Fury fight still on, Eddie Hearn insists

Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury’s highly anticipated heavyweight showdown will go ahead, according to Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn, despite recent doubts raised by Fury.

Hearn said the fight is effectively locked in after both boxers signed contracts, insisting neither fighter can simply withdraw from the agreement.

Fury had suggested earlier in the week that the long-awaited British heavyweight clash “doesn’t look like it is going to happen”, fuelling fresh uncertainty over the bout.

However, speaking to DAZN, Hearn dismissed the concerns and said negotiations were now focused on finalising the date and venue.

“We’ve signed the contract, we’re waiting for a date. You saw Tyson Fury shouting and screaming … There’s nothing to shout and scream about, the fight’s done,” Hearn said.

“The fight’s signed. No one can pull out of the fight. You can’t just pull out of a contract.

“There’s no suggestion that the fight’s not happening, no one can stop this fight from happening. The only way it can stop from happening is if they actually breach the contract.”

A November date has reportedly been discussed for the contest, but the venue remains unresolved.

Both Joshua and Fury have signed separate agreements with Saudi Arabian-owned boxing promoter Sela, which is involved in organising the highly anticipated bout.

While Sela reportedly favours staging the fight at Madison Square Garden in New York, Hearn said Joshua’s camp would prefer the contest to take place in the United Kingdom.

“We know everybody and his dog involved in the fight wants to do the fight in America. We don’t,” Hearn said.

“We’ve told Sela and the team if you want to do it in America, these are the terms that we can move forward with. But we’d rather not please.”

The venue issue has become one of the major outstanding matters surrounding a fight that has been years in the making.

Hearn has previously maintained that Joshua’s contract includes a provision for the bout to be staged in the UK, although he has indicated that the terms would need to be renegotiated if the fight is moved abroad.

Fury and Joshua are two of Britain’s biggest heavyweight stars, and their meeting has been one of the most anticipated fights in boxing for years.

With the contracts signed, attention is now on the organisers to settle the venue and officially announce the date for the bout.

Vanguard News

The post Contract signed, Joshua vs Fury fight still on, Eddie Hearn insists appeared first on Vanguard News.

This article was sourced from an external publication.

Share this article
OneClick Africa Logo

Africa's premier digital hub for impactful news, entertainment, and business insights.

© 2026 OneClick Africa. All rights reserved.