TRENDING
Fury v AJ fight to be called off because Hearn wants more cash • Transfer: Baleba set to undergo medicals after Man Utd agree £70m deal • Stakeholders demand review of Abia Rape Survivors Rehabilitation Law • Osun: Adeleke now with oppressors after death of 29 supporters – Isaac Fayose kicks • Fifa general secretary Mattias Grafström sounded out about standing against Infantino • Geoplex Drillteq Bags OGTAN’s 2026 Indigenous Service Company Award • Espanyol vs Real Madrid: Can Pericos ruin Mourinho’s grand return to La Liga? • Tinubu constitutes APC 2027 presidential campaign council, names Yari DG • SPECIAL REPORT: How social media shapes reprisal violence in Plateau • Death toll from Sokoto boat mishap hits 65 • Adeleke’s Tinubu visit customary, no plan to join APC – Campaign council • Arteta Gives Injury Update On Guimaraes After Comfortable Win Against Coventry • Ekene’s Losses — 2 • US faults UN Secretary-General selection process • MLS fines Messi for striking opponent • Osun Guber: Gov Adeleke urges unity among political leaders • Popular influencer, Diana Eneje officially announces engagement • Morning recap: APC-Accord Osun naira rain, Atiku’s fuel subsidy debate, other top stories • Fifa general secretary Mattias Grafström could stand against Infantino in election • Premier League buildup, transfers and Hull v Manchester United early news – matchday live • Fury v AJ fight to be called off because Hearn wants more cash • Transfer: Baleba set to undergo medicals after Man Utd agree £70m deal • Stakeholders demand review of Abia Rape Survivors Rehabilitation Law • Osun: Adeleke now with oppressors after death of 29 supporters – Isaac Fayose kicks • Fifa general secretary Mattias Grafström sounded out about standing against Infantino • Geoplex Drillteq Bags OGTAN’s 2026 Indigenous Service Company Award • Espanyol vs Real Madrid: Can Pericos ruin Mourinho’s grand return to La Liga? • Tinubu constitutes APC 2027 presidential campaign council, names Yari DG • SPECIAL REPORT: How social media shapes reprisal violence in Plateau • Death toll from Sokoto boat mishap hits 65 • Adeleke’s Tinubu visit customary, no plan to join APC – Campaign council • Arteta Gives Injury Update On Guimaraes After Comfortable Win Against Coventry • Ekene’s Losses — 2 • US faults UN Secretary-General selection process • MLS fines Messi for striking opponent • Osun Guber: Gov Adeleke urges unity among political leaders • Popular influencer, Diana Eneje officially announces engagement • Morning recap: APC-Accord Osun naira rain, Atiku’s fuel subsidy debate, other top stories • Fifa general secretary Mattias Grafström could stand against Infantino in election • Premier League buildup, transfers and Hull v Manchester United early news – matchday live
FG, Borno govt working to rescue 44 abducted schoolchildren – Zulum
Back to Home

FG, Borno govt working to rescue 44 abducted schoolchildren – Zulum

Daily Post about 3 hours 2 mins read

Borno State governor, Babagana Umara Zulum has said the federal and the state government are working together to secure the release of 44 schoolchildren abducted from Mussa community in Askira-Uba Local Government Area.

Zulum spoke on Friday while meeting with the parents of the abducted children, who had earlier called on the authorities to intensify efforts to secure their release.

The children were abducted from Mussa Central Primary School on May 15, 2026.

Zulum expressed sympathy to the families and said President Bola Ahmed Tinubu had directed security agencies to work towards rescuing the children.

“On behalf of the government and people of Borno State, I once again extend my sympathies over what happened at Mussa Central Primary School on the 15th of May 2026 that led to the abduction of about 44 primary school pupils,” Zulum said.

He also conveyed Tinubu’s sympathy to the parents and assured them that the Federal Government, the Nigerian Armed Forces and the Borno State Government were working to secure the children’s release.

“Also, on behalf of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, I want to sympathise with you.

“I want to assure you that Mr President has since directed security agencies to ensure the rescue of our children, and I believe they are working to ensure their rescue,” he said.

The governor said the government would continue its efforts to ensure the safe return of the children to their families.

The meeting was attended by the Senator representing Southern Borno, Mohammed Ali Ndume, Acting Chief of Staff to the Governor, Babagana Mustapha Mallumbe, Commissioner for Education, Lawan Abba Wakilbe, Commissioner for Inter-Governmental Affairs and Special Duties, Samaila Abdulaziz Satumari and the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Environment, Juliana Bitrus.

FG, Borno govt working to rescue 44 abducted schoolchildren – Zulum

This article was sourced from an external publication.

Share this article
OneClick Africa Logo

Africa's premier digital hub for impactful news, entertainment, and business insights.

© 2026 OneClick Africa. All rights reserved.