TRENDING
Osun Election: CSOs demand thorough investigation of Senator Fadahunsi • WAEC under fire over 2026 results, alleged grading anomalies • 2027: Fubara says Rivers projects will boost APC campaign • Teacher crisis: 32m Nigerian pupils share 592,077 teachers • Suspected food poisoning kills four Kano Qur’anic pupils • Lagos pedestrians shun bridges, risk death crossing highways • 40 communities demand reconstruction of dilapidated Ogun road • One killed, another injured as trucks collide on Sagamu-Benin Expressway • Police probe whereabouts of missing 19-year-old Ekiti woman • Police arrest Ondo man for hacking mother to death • Ogun seals company for illegal dumping, waste burning • NDLEA destroys N301bn drugs, arrests 10 in Edo • Oniru estate: Two-month blockade leaves Lagos residents stranded • CBN’s OMO reopening puts weak equities under pressure • Protesting Ogun farmers lament herders’ attacks, farm destruction • 11-month blackout: IBEDC restores power to Ogun communities after PUNCH report • Falling inflation boosts appetite for money market assets • ‘Unkempt’ and some other words with letters you may not expect • Briclinks Africa’s earnings improve as debt remains above N7.8bn • AFC taps Swiss market with record digital bond • Osun Election: CSOs demand thorough investigation of Senator Fadahunsi • WAEC under fire over 2026 results, alleged grading anomalies • 2027: Fubara says Rivers projects will boost APC campaign • Teacher crisis: 32m Nigerian pupils share 592,077 teachers • Suspected food poisoning kills four Kano Qur’anic pupils • Lagos pedestrians shun bridges, risk death crossing highways • 40 communities demand reconstruction of dilapidated Ogun road • One killed, another injured as trucks collide on Sagamu-Benin Expressway • Police probe whereabouts of missing 19-year-old Ekiti woman • Police arrest Ondo man for hacking mother to death • Ogun seals company for illegal dumping, waste burning • NDLEA destroys N301bn drugs, arrests 10 in Edo • Oniru estate: Two-month blockade leaves Lagos residents stranded • CBN’s OMO reopening puts weak equities under pressure • Protesting Ogun farmers lament herders’ attacks, farm destruction • 11-month blackout: IBEDC restores power to Ogun communities after PUNCH report • Falling inflation boosts appetite for money market assets • ‘Unkempt’ and some other words with letters you may not expect • Briclinks Africa’s earnings improve as debt remains above N7.8bn • AFC taps Swiss market with record digital bond
NFF Sacks Super Falcons Coach
Back to Home

NFF Sacks Super Falcons Coach

InformationNG about 2 hours 2 mins read

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has dismissed Justine Madugu, the Super Falcons’ head coach, and the rest of his technical staff.

The federation announced the decision in a post on X on Monday.
“The Executive Committee of the Nigeria Football Federation has asked members of the technical crew of the Super Falcons to step down with immediate effect,” the post reads.

On August 13, the Falcons failed to qualify for the 2027 women’s World Cup. The team lost to South Africa in the continental playoff for the competition. This is the first time the Falcons will miss the World Cup since its inception in 1991.

The team had earlier missed out on one of the four automatic tickets for the competition after losing to Cameroon in the quarter-final of the 2026 Women’s Africa Cup of Nations (WAFCON).

Madugu was under intense scrutiny for his player selections and tactics throughout the disappointing WAFCON campaign.
The 62-year-old leaves the job barely a year after he had led the Falcons to their 10th continental title.

In further reaction to the Falcons’ situation, the NFF appointed and inaugurated a six-member “fact-finding” committee to probe the team’s failings.

Fanny Amun, the federation’s former general secretary, was named chair of the panel. Other panel members include Ladan Bosso, former Flying Eagles coach; Desire Oparanozie, former Super Falcons captain; Mutiu Adepoju, ex-Super Eagles star; and Alex Mana, a former referee. Nasiru Sa’idu, the chair of Sokoto State Football Association, will serve as the secretary.

The post NFF Sacks Super Falcons Coach appeared first on Information Nigeria.

This article was sourced from an external publication.

Share this article
OneClick Africa Logo

Africa's premier digital hub for impactful news, entertainment, and business insights.

© 2026 OneClick Africa. All rights reserved.