TRENDING
VIDEO: Stop holding suspects beyond 24 hours, says FCT CP • INEC fixes September 19 for Bauchi assembly bye-elections • Ekiti approves ₦3bn for new High Court complex • States risk losing investors over weak data protection — NDPC • Borno: Four ISWAP fighters surrender, expose terrorist enclave • Nigeria on the Path of Economic Renewal — Chief F.E. Ojugbana Hails Tinubu Reforms, Dangote’s Industrial Revolution • Africa’s Mineral Future Begins in School: WiM-Africa Advances NextGen Programmes • VOCAL Africa urges ICC to monitor Kenya ahead of 2027 polls • Gold mine collapse kills at least 100 people in C/Africa • Playing at Real Madrid ‘not for everyone’ – Bernardo Silva • 2027: Nigerians’ll speak with one voice for Makinde — APM • Arsenal agree £51m deal to sign Ezri Konsa from Aston Villa • Afenyo-Markin's claims on DGPP lacked facts and common sense — Sammy Gyamfi • INEC Presents Gov Adeleke Certificate of Return • Liberia to accept 1,200 deportees from US • Defence Minister reaffirms FG commitment to veterans’ welfare • Tinubu presides over first FEC meeting since June 29 • Jonathan arrives Uganda for Cavendish University graduation • Sababu, suluhu kupanda kwa bei ya saruji • Police arrest 40 suspects over robbery, kidnapping in Abuja • VIDEO: Stop holding suspects beyond 24 hours, says FCT CP • INEC fixes September 19 for Bauchi assembly bye-elections • Ekiti approves ₦3bn for new High Court complex • States risk losing investors over weak data protection — NDPC • Borno: Four ISWAP fighters surrender, expose terrorist enclave • Nigeria on the Path of Economic Renewal — Chief F.E. Ojugbana Hails Tinubu Reforms, Dangote’s Industrial Revolution • Africa’s Mineral Future Begins in School: WiM-Africa Advances NextGen Programmes • VOCAL Africa urges ICC to monitor Kenya ahead of 2027 polls • Gold mine collapse kills at least 100 people in C/Africa • Playing at Real Madrid ‘not for everyone’ – Bernardo Silva • 2027: Nigerians’ll speak with one voice for Makinde — APM • Arsenal agree £51m deal to sign Ezri Konsa from Aston Villa • Afenyo-Markin's claims on DGPP lacked facts and common sense — Sammy Gyamfi • INEC Presents Gov Adeleke Certificate of Return • Liberia to accept 1,200 deportees from US • Defence Minister reaffirms FG commitment to veterans’ welfare • Tinubu presides over first FEC meeting since June 29 • Jonathan arrives Uganda for Cavendish University graduation • Sababu, suluhu kupanda kwa bei ya saruji • Police arrest 40 suspects over robbery, kidnapping in Abuja
Osun APC alleges post-election attacks on members
Back to Home

Osun APC alleges post-election attacks on members

Daily Post about 2 hours 2 mins read

The Osun State chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has condemned alleged attacks on its members and supporters in Iree, Boripe Local Government Area, following the declaration of Governor Ademola Adeleke as winner of the August 15 governorship election.

The party, in a statement signed by its Director of Media and Information, Kola Olabisi, on Wednesday, alleged that suspected members of the Accord attacked APC supporters in the community.

According to the statement, no fewer than 10 APC members and supporters were critically injured, while several properties were allegedly destroyed in the attacks.

The party identified some of the alleged victims as Ige Kayode, Oyeniyi Segun, Oladosu Yinka, Sobalaje Ibraheem and Peter Korede Adejare, saying they had been receiving treatment in hospitals in Iree and neighbouring communities since Sunday.

“The attacks followed the announcement of the governorship election results. The major motor park in Iree was allegedly demolished while some business premises belonging to its members were also attacked,” the statement added.

The statement also alleged that a viral video showed the Aree of Iree, Oba Muritala Oyelakin, questioning one of the alleged victims at his residence.

The APC said a petition by counsel to the affected members, Abiodun Olaide, had been forwarded to the Osun State Commissioner of Police, Ibraheem Gotan, over the alleged incidents.

The party alleged that Gbadamosi Ibraheem, popularly known as Gbedu Lasisi Oyekanmi Bintin Laye, and other suspects currently at large were behind the attacks.

It also recalled that the traditional ruler had visited Governor Adeleke before the election and reportedly expressed confidence that the governor would secure an overwhelming victory in Iree.

The APC said the monarch had also reportedly claimed during the visit that residents of Iree had endorsed Governor Ademola Adeleke for a second term, adding that the community’s APC chapter subsequently rejected the claim.

The party alleged that some APC members who were attacked were later taken to the traditional ruler’s palace for questioning and were pressured to implicate some APC leaders in matters they allegedly knew nothing about.

The APC called on the Nigeria Police Force, Department of State Services, DSS, and other relevant security agencies to investigate the allegations, prosecute anyone found responsible, and ensure the protection of residents.

“Political differences must not become a justification for violence, intimidation or the destruction of means of livelihoods of the people,” it stressed.

Osun APC alleges post-election attacks on members

This article was sourced from an external publication.

Share this article
OneClick Africa Logo

Africa's premier digital hub for impactful news, entertainment, and business insights.

© 2026 OneClick Africa. All rights reserved.