A chieftain of the African Democratic Congress, ADC, Dele Momodu, says President Bola Tinubu gave Nigerians bad news from the first day of his administration when he announced the removal of the fuel subsidy.
Featuring in an interview on Arise Television’s Prime Time on Thursday, Momodu questioned the incessant borrowing by the Tinubu administration despite the removal of the fuel subsidy.
According to the publisher of Ovation Magazine, the fuel subsidy removal is shrouded in mystery.
The former presidential aspirant said the lack of transparent facts and figures regarding the cost of the subsidy makes the policy complicated.
He said Nigeria has a kind of dictatorship where no one can query any of the leaders.
DAILY POST reports that President Tinubu, upon assuming office on May 29, 2023, announced the removal of the fuel subsidy.
“Nobody gives bad news on a celebration day. That’s what Tinubu did. He gave bad news to Nigerians from day one, and Nigeria has not recovered since then.
“We don’t even have facts and figures about the subsidy. It’s shrouded in mystery. All we just hear is, yes, we’ve removed it.
“Secondly, why are you still borrowing more than all the other presidents? It’s a simple thing to ask, but because we have a kind of dictatorship in Nigeria where you cannot query any of the people elected by Nigerians, you can’t query anybody. So, that is why right now they are getting angry when anybody goes there,” he said.
Subsidy: Tinubu gave Nigerians bad news from day one – Dele Momodu

