
Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum, has assured residents of Mussa community in Askira Uba Local Government Area that efforts are ongoing to secure the safe release of 48 abducted schoolchildren.
The governor gave the assurance on Tuesday during a sympathy visit to Uba town following the abduction incident.
Addressing residents, Zulum expressed sympathy to the Emir of Uba, parents of the abducted children and members of the community over the attack.
He said the Federal Government, security agencies and the Borno State Government were working to ensure the victims regain their freedom.
Zulum also disclosed that security operatives, including military and police personnel, had been deployed to strengthen security in the area and support rescue efforts.
The governor pledged to reinforce security in Askira, Uba and surrounding communities to prevent further attacks.
He further appealed to the abductors to release the children, describing them as innocent minors in need of parental care and protection.
Speaking during the visit, the Emir of Uba, Alhaji Ali Ibn Isma’ila Mamza II, said the abduction occurred on Friday, May 15, in Mussa community.
According to the monarch, the victims include 37 primary school pupils, six secondary school students and five other residents.
Zulum assures safe return of 48 abducted schoolchildren in Borno

