FIFA has sanctioned five players and team officials following disciplinary incidents at the 2026 World Cup, including the final between Spain and Argentina.
The FIFA Disciplinary Committee announced the punishments on Friday after reviewing a report on incidents during the July 19 final at the New York New Jersey Stadium.
The sanctions include lengthy match suspensions and financial penalties, with Argentina midfielder Leandro Paredes receiving the heaviest punishment.
Here is the full list:
1. Leandro Paredes — Argentina
Paredes was handed a 10-match suspension and fined $90,000.
He faces the longest ban among those sanctioned following the final.
2. Nahuel Molina — Argentina
Molina received a seven-match suspension and was fined $90,000.
FIFA had previously opened proceedings against the defender over alleged incidents involving assault and unsporting behaviour during the final.
3. Roberto Ayala — Argentina
Argentina team official Roberto Ayala was handed a three-match suspension and fined $30,000.
FIFA had opened proceedings against Ayala over an alleged assault during the final.
4. Thiago Almada — Argentina
Almada was given a one-match suspension and fined $30,000 for unsporting behaviour.
5. Pablo Martín Páez Gavira — Spain
The Spanish midfielder, commonly known as Gavi, was also handed a one-match suspension and fined $30,000.
His case was linked to an alleged incident of unsporting behaviour during the final.
FIFA said all the match suspensions will be carried over to the players’ and official’s next matches involving their respective representative teams.
The sanctions came alongside a separate $321,000 fine imposed on the Argentine Football Association (AFA) over several breaches during the World Cup, including discriminatory chants and gestures by supporters, team misconduct and security-related violations.
Argentina were also ordered to play their next two home matches with 50 per cent of their stadium capacity available. FIFA said $100,000 of the AFA’s fine must be invested in a programme aimed at combating discrimination.
The decisions remain subject to appeal. FIFA said the affected parties have 10 days to request a motivated decision, after which the decisions may be published by its legal body.
Vanguard News
The post FIFA sanction players, coaches after 2026 World Cup [Full list] appeared first on Vanguard News.

![FIFA sanction players, coaches after 2026 World Cup [Full list]](/_nuxt/oca-placeholder.CTME4uEf.png)