TRENDING
Toothpick inavyoweza kuwa hatari kwa afya ya kinywa • Una mtoto wa kike? Hii inakuhusu • 5th Anniversary: Warri Monarch Calls for National Unity, Cultural Renewal • Newcastle United v Liverpool: Premier League – live • Reform reversal threatens Nigeria’s stability, investor confidence — CPPE • Ndindi Nyoro begins nationwide political mobilisation ahead of 2027 • Ekiti monarch honours Oyebanji, Bamidele with chieftaincy titles • Soldiers kill kidnapper, arrest two in Benue • ‘I Don’t Think It Is A Sending Off’ –Dean Reacts To Aina’s Tackle Vs Leeds United • Suspected Bandits Abduct Monarch, Others in Kwara Communities • Woman born without fingerprints recounts JAMB, NYSC biometric struggles • 2027: Omo-Agege lacks campaign ideas — Delta commissioner • C/R: Wildlife Guard shot dead by suspected poacher at Kakum Forest Reserve • 'We don't reject partnerships, but those partnerships must be on our terms' — Mahama tells African leaders • Police arrest suspect in GH¢1.1m fake gold deal in Berekum • Mahama receives five reports ahead of Ghana’s 2027 AU chairmanship • Mahama urges Africa to assert greater influence in global affairs • European football: Bayern Munich’s Harry Kane named player of the year in Germany • Transfer: Arsenal set asking price for Gabriel Martinelli • The global climate has changed and Nigeria now has winter, By Testimony Jesutoye • Toothpick inavyoweza kuwa hatari kwa afya ya kinywa • Una mtoto wa kike? Hii inakuhusu • 5th Anniversary: Warri Monarch Calls for National Unity, Cultural Renewal • Newcastle United v Liverpool: Premier League – live • Reform reversal threatens Nigeria’s stability, investor confidence — CPPE • Ndindi Nyoro begins nationwide political mobilisation ahead of 2027 • Ekiti monarch honours Oyebanji, Bamidele with chieftaincy titles • Soldiers kill kidnapper, arrest two in Benue • ‘I Don’t Think It Is A Sending Off’ –Dean Reacts To Aina’s Tackle Vs Leeds United • Suspected Bandits Abduct Monarch, Others in Kwara Communities • Woman born without fingerprints recounts JAMB, NYSC biometric struggles • 2027: Omo-Agege lacks campaign ideas — Delta commissioner • C/R: Wildlife Guard shot dead by suspected poacher at Kakum Forest Reserve • 'We don't reject partnerships, but those partnerships must be on our terms' — Mahama tells African leaders • Police arrest suspect in GH¢1.1m fake gold deal in Berekum • Mahama receives five reports ahead of Ghana’s 2027 AU chairmanship • Mahama urges Africa to assert greater influence in global affairs • European football: Bayern Munich’s Harry Kane named player of the year in Germany • Transfer: Arsenal set asking price for Gabriel Martinelli • The global climate has changed and Nigeria now has winter, By Testimony Jesutoye
NSCDC arrests three suspected internet fraudsters over alleged N7m scam in Edo
Back to Home

NSCDC arrests three suspected internet fraudsters over alleged N7m scam in Edo

Daily Post about 1 hour 2 mins read

Operatives of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Edo State Command, have arrested three suspected internet fraudsters over an alleged N7 million fraud in the state.

The suspects, identified as Peter Odion, 21; Anthony Ernest, 20; and Destiny Saturday, 20, all from Ebele in Igueben Local Government Area of the state, allegedly defrauded a Nigerian resident in Italy.

The Edo State NSCDC Commandant, Akintayo Saidi Ayinla, said the suspects allegedly defrauded the victim after using a female photograph to establish contact with him on Facebook.

He said one of the suspects, Destiny, reportedly posed as a female native doctor and claimed to be a powerful spiritualist capable of making the victim rich through spiritual means.

According to him, the victim, having been convinced, allegedly made several payments to Destiny for the purported spiritual work before realising that he had been scammed.

Ayinla said following the incident, one Barrister Oni Isibor petitioned the NSCDC on behalf of the victim, requesting an investigation into the alleged fraud.

He said, acting on the petition, NSCDC operatives, through advanced technology and intelligence-driven tracking, successfully traced and arrested the three suspects.

The commandant said the suspects had reportedly confessed to the offence and would be charged to court upon completion of the investigation.

NSCDC arrests three suspected internet fraudsters over alleged N7m scam in Edo

This article was sourced from an external publication.

Share this article
OneClick Africa Logo

Africa's premier digital hub for impactful news, entertainment, and business insights.

© 2026 OneClick Africa. All rights reserved.