TRENDING
Reject thuggery, Kogi CP urges youths • Clark pulls away from field for 5-shot BMW lead • Browns' Watson: Boos 'personal,' not based on play • President Mahama calls for five permanent UN Security Council seats for Africa • Commodore Stephen Billings Nyam takes over as new FOC Western Naval Command • Wenchi Traditional Council suspends Twafohene • Suspected robber arrested after failed taxi theft at Ejisu • GRIDCo announces 15-hour power interruption in parts of Greater Accra • Afenyo-Markin knows why I called him ‘extortionist’; I dare him to sue me – Sammy Gyamfi • 45-year-old man accused of assaulting 90-year-old woman over witchcraft allegation in Navrongo • UniMAC students donate food and stationery items to Street Children Empowerment Foundation • Baba Suwe told me he’d die, I laughed it off – Daughter • Build people, not just organisations – Ellen Hagan challenges leaders • McCarthy starts, gets 'banged up' in Vikings' loss • Cape Coast North MP donates medical supplies to Kwawprow Health Centre • ‘How fake federal agency tricked us’ – Anambra govt • The FX Auction Meant to Restore Order Turns Two • Ethiopia targets China trade gap with export drive • Ethiopia dominates Kenya’s informal export market, claims over 50% share • Breaking the debt and currency cycle • Reject thuggery, Kogi CP urges youths • Clark pulls away from field for 5-shot BMW lead • Browns' Watson: Boos 'personal,' not based on play • President Mahama calls for five permanent UN Security Council seats for Africa • Commodore Stephen Billings Nyam takes over as new FOC Western Naval Command • Wenchi Traditional Council suspends Twafohene • Suspected robber arrested after failed taxi theft at Ejisu • GRIDCo announces 15-hour power interruption in parts of Greater Accra • Afenyo-Markin knows why I called him ‘extortionist’; I dare him to sue me – Sammy Gyamfi • 45-year-old man accused of assaulting 90-year-old woman over witchcraft allegation in Navrongo • UniMAC students donate food and stationery items to Street Children Empowerment Foundation • Baba Suwe told me he’d die, I laughed it off – Daughter • Build people, not just organisations – Ellen Hagan challenges leaders • McCarthy starts, gets 'banged up' in Vikings' loss • Cape Coast North MP donates medical supplies to Kwawprow Health Centre • ‘How fake federal agency tricked us’ – Anambra govt • The FX Auction Meant to Restore Order Turns Two • Ethiopia targets China trade gap with export drive • Ethiopia dominates Kenya’s informal export market, claims over 50% share • Breaking the debt and currency cycle
Tinubu’s Campaign Council filled with corruption suspects – ADC
Back to Home

Tinubu’s Campaign Council filled with corruption suspects – ADC

Daily Post about 3 hours 2 mins read

The African Democratic Congress, ADC, has described president Bola Tinubu’s Campaign Council for the 2027 general elections as a rehabilitation centre for corruption suspects.

This is contained in a statement by the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Bolaji Abdullahi, on Saturday.

According to the party, the inclusion of some former government officials in the council raised questions about the government’s handling of corruption cases involving politically exposed persons.

It specifically questioned the presence of former Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Betta Edu, and former Chairman of the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund, Ngozi Olejeme, in the campaign structure.

DAILY POST recalls that President Tinubu suspended Edu in January 2024 amid controversy surrounding an attempted transfer of N585 million from the National Social Investment Programme Agency account into a private account.

Similarly, Olejeme on the other hand, has faced prosecution by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, over alleged financial offences.

The opposition challenged the Federal Government to explain whether the cases involving the two former officials and others associated with the campaign council had been resolved.

“The Campaign Council is full of corruption suspects. If they have been cleared, the government should show how and when and by whom they were cleared,” the ADC said. 

Tinubu’s Campaign Council filled with corruption suspects – ADC

This article was sourced from an external publication.

Share this article
OneClick Africa Logo

Africa's premier digital hub for impactful news, entertainment, and business insights.

© 2026 OneClick Africa. All rights reserved.